Health Risks of Marble Dust
2017-8-14 · Health Risks of Marble Dust. Marble is a metamorphic limestone that is widely used in the sculpturing of statues and the construction of buildings and monuments. It is commonly used in tiles, countertops and indoor flooring. Working with these materials generates marble dust, which can cause respiratory issues and irritation of the eyes and skin.8 Things You Don''t Know About Quartz Countertops2021-8-31 · In most quartz countertops some quartz is present. About 10 percent of the material volume in a quartz countertop isn''t stone at all, but rather a polymeric or cement-based binder. And the other 90 percent? Crushed up waste granite, marble, and natural stone or recycled industrial wastes such as ceramic, silica, glass, mirrors, etc.